Epistemological and theoretical foundations of Information –Documentation science: a tribute to francophone pioneers
Organized jointly by the French ISKO Chapter, GERiiCO – University of Lille, the UNESCO Knowledge Societies Division (KSD) and the CURAPP – University of Picardie Jules Verne
Date: 11-12th July 2017
Venue: UNESCO Headquarters, 7 place de Fontenoy, Paris
IN PARTNERSHIP WITH
The 11th ISKO-France conference invites original contributions on the epistemological and theoretical foundations of the information science, in particular in relation to the following aspects:
- The epistemological and theoretical foundations of knowledge organization of (systems, schemes and their reconfiguration by digital technology);
- Document theory of the influence of French -speaking authors and their impact on the definition of the document;
- Cultural and social approaches to knowledge organization (influence of culture on the design of knowledge organization tools);
- Local and global approaches to knowledge organization (glocal approaches);
- Information architecture and the impact of Paul Otlet;
Scientific communication and the dissemination of knowledge produced in the discipline;
- Transdisciplinarity and interdisciplinarity and the role of the precursors such as Robert Pagès, Jean-Claude Gardin and Eric de Grolier and the way they they integrated these idea sin the research developed in information science;
- The role of precursors such as Jean Meyriat and Robert Escarpit in the institutionalization of information science in France and their inclusion in the humanities and social sciences.
|21 March 2017||Deadline for submission of proposals|
|21 April 2017||Notification of acceptance or refusal|
|6 June 2017||Deadline for final version|
|20 June 2017||Deadline for registration|
|11 July 2017||Opening of the Conference|
Potential authors are invited to submit a manuscript of three or four pages in Word format. As reviewing will be blind, authors are asked to remove all texts that will enable reviewer to identify them. The proposal (3 pages minimum, Word format) must be submitted via EasyChair conference management system (https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=iskofr2017) before March 21st 2017.
If you do not have an EasyChair account, please follow the instructions provided by the platform and create one. Each proposal will be reviewed by at least two reviewers from the Scientific Committee, who will evaluate its relevance, scientific validity, originality and the proposal clarity.
April 21st 2017: Notification date of acceptance or refusal. The acceptance notification will be sent with technical specifications for publication. They must be necessarily respected regarding the future proceedings publication.
June 6th 2017: The final paper submission deadline. The accepted authors must send the final version (in Word format, 12 pages maximum) of their paper to email@example.com.
June 20th 2017: The deadline for registration.
Contact : firstname.lastname@example.org